About Tuli Fisher
Tuli Fisher is a full time blacksmith in Bozeman, Montana. He graduated from Montana State University with degrees in Museum Studies and History. Since 1999 he's been hand forging garden tools and studying traditional tool making in various settings. In 2003 Tuli worked with a community-supported agriculture (CSA) farmer who trudged through the early spring snow to ask Tuli to repair tools for him. After fixing the tools and making even better ones, Tuli had discovered a new passion for his blacksmithing skills- making his own collection of garden tools!
In addition to making fabulous garden tools, Tuli operated a full time horseshoeing business for over 12 years. Tuli has demonstrated traditional blacksmithing techniques at Conner Prairie Settlement in Indiana and the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman, Montana. He's a member of the British Artist Blacksmith Association as well as the Artist Blacksmith Association of North America.
Tuli is now wholly focused on building fine garden tools in Montana with his wife and two Australian Shepherds. Although he occasionally pines for the bushels upon bushels of the deep red tomatoes grown in warmer climates. Tuli, like any northern gardener has learned to appreciate root vegetables, brassicas, and many other cold tolerant plants.
Awards & Recognition
"Outstanding Marketing" - Northwest Flower and Garden Show
Seattle, WA • February , 2016
"Best Marketing Presentation" - San Francisco Flower and Garden Show
San Francisco, CA • March, 2009
- Veranda Magazine - Thanks to Veranda Magazine for including our handcrafted garden tools in their style-savvy preview of the best things and ideas for the summer!
- Garden Design Magazine - Handcrafted Garden Tools made in Bozeman, Montana (page 10). Garden Design Magazine has selected these beautiful tools handcrafted by full time blacksmith Tuli Fisher for inclusion in the Spring 2015 issue.
- ELLE Decor - Bespoke Global has collaborated with Montana-Based Fisher Blacksmithing on a set of classic garden tools made of hand-forged steel with Black Walnut Handles.
- Sunset Magazine - Garden tools (bottom left). Forged by Bozeman, MT, blacksmith Tuli Fisher, these tools have serious heft in the garden. $52 each;
- Men’s Journal - Forged by Bozeman, Montana, blacksmith Tuli Fisher, this trowel (pictured), hoe, and hand rake set has as much care put into it as you put into your heirloom tomato plants.
- Horticulture Magazine - When it comes to beautiful and handcrafted designs, Tuli Fisher of Bozeman, Montana, has mastered the technique.
- Mountain Living - Montana resident Tuli Fisher not only elevates garden tools to works of art, he resurrects a lost craft.
- Western Arts & Architecture - Selected for "Things We Love" in Details Section of Western Arts & Architecture.
- Forbes Life - Showcase of the tools.
- Bozeman Magazine - Cover and article, Bozeman Magazine.
- At Home - Featured in "At Home", Bozeman Daily Chronicle.
- Zone 4 Magazine - Featured in Zone 4 Magazine, premier issue.